Central Secretariat Metro Station is the nearest metro station to India Gate and one can visit India Gate any time they want; however between 7 PM to 11 PM is considered the most ideal time to visit India Gate. India Gate is a monument which is open all the days and entry to this place is absolutely free of cost. Recently, the path to reach India Gate has been redesigned and built.
So, those who are looking for Nearest Metro Station To India Gate can reach any metro stations nearby India Gate which is Central Secretariat Metro Station, Udyog Bhawan Metro Station, Janpath Metro Station, Mandi House Metro Station, and Khan Market Metro Station.
The metro station nearest to India gate is connected to different metro lines which have been discussed further in this article. In addition to that, how to reach India Gate using different metro lines are discussed as well.
ℹ️ Travel Information to India Gate, Delhi
Find out some India Gate travel information so that you can better plan your visit to the place.
- India Gate Location is Kartavya Path, India Gate, New Delhi.
- One can visit India Gate around the year because it is open for 365 Days.
- Entry to India Gate Delhi is free of cost. There’s no ticket or any charges to visit Delhi India Gate.
- One can take photographs there, but a few areas are prohibited to click the photographs.
- Nearest metro station to India gate is CS or Central Secretariat Metro Station.
How to Reach Nearest Metro Station to India Gate Using Different Delhi Metro Lines?
Delhimetro offers its metro services to travelers using different metro lines. All the Delhi metro lines are interconnected to each other at different stations and using them a commuter can cover about 391 km of Delhi and Noida. Thus, to help you better understand how to reach the nearest metro station to India Gate using different metro lines, we at theunsure have given a detailed guide to reach the nearest metro station to india gate Delhi.
The Red line metro route covers a total of 29 stations and the metro runs between Shaheed Sthal ( New Bus Adda) to Rithala and vice-versa. If you want to reach the nearest metro station to India Gate using the Red line, you can follow the below given route.
- Route 1 From Shaheed Sthal: If you are coming from Shaheed Sthal (New Bus Adda) to India Gate nearest metro station then you have to take the Red Line metro which is going towards Rithala. Keep in mind that, Red Line metro isn’t directly linked to the nearest metro station of India Gate, so you have to do an interchange at Kashmere Gate metro station.
From Kashmere Gate metro station, you need to go towards Huda City Centre. The fifth station from Kashmere Gate metro station is the Central Secretariat that is the nearest metro station to India Gate.
- Route 2 From Rithala: If you are coming from Rithala metro station which is a red line metro then you have to sit in a metro that is going towards Shaheed Sthal. Once you sit in the metro you will have to travel for 12 stations to reach Kashmere Gate metro station to do an interchange.
At Kashmere Gate metro station Change red line to yellow line metro which is going towards Huda City Centre. For doing this interchange, you need to reach platform number 1. It will take you around 13 Minutes to reach the metro station nearest to india gate that is Central Secretariat.
The Yellow line metro covers 37 stations and is connected to 8 interchange points. The Yellow Line metro runs between Samaypur Badli and Huda City Centre and vice-versa. This line is the best for those who don’t want to interchange, but wanna reach the India Gate nearest metro station.
In order to reach the Nearest metro station to India Gate, one can use two routes.
- Route 1 From Samaypur Badli: The route 1 to India Gate nearest metro station from Samaypur Badli is very straight forward. A traveler has to cover 16 stations to reach the Central Secretariat which is the nearest metro station to India Gate. To reach the CS, one needs to sit in the metro which is going towards Huda City Centre and it will take them about 32 minutes to reach the Central Secretariat.
To get a complete idea of the metro route to India Gate nearest metro station check out the below given Delhi Metro Map.
- Route 2 From Huda City Centre: If you are coming from the Huda City Centre or Gurgaon to the Nearest Metro Station to India Gate then the most convenient metro route is Yellow Line Delhi Metro which is going towards Samaypur Badli. In order to reach Central Secretariat using route 2 that is from Huda City Centre you have to cover 20 stations which will take 46 minutes.
Check out the below given metro map to know more about the route of Nearest Metro Station to India Gate: Central Secretariat.
Most frequent questions and answers
Central Secretariat Metro Station acronym as CS is the nearest metro station for India gate.
We advise you to visit the India Gate between 7 PM To 11 PM to see the wonderful lights on India Gate as well as to enjoy the evening vibes.